"Knowledge is power. You can't begin a career... unless you know everything there is to know about it."
Thursday 1/12-Career Research Notes (Pages 4 and 5 of Career Packet): All bullet points must be filled out using both a book/ebook and a website.
Thursday 1/12-Works Cited Page- Need at least 1 book or ebook and 1 website. Extra credit for personal interview.
Career Outline- Started in-class on Thursday on worksheet or notebook paper.
Career Journal- Start in-class on Friday and complete by Tuesday 1/17.
Step 1: Pick a career to research.
Need help picking a career?
Everyone should take this quiz:
Step 2: Research your career.
Step 3: Make and outline using your research.
Step 4: Write Career Journal.
Best place to start: https://www.careerwise.mnscu.edu/mymncareers/advance-career/find-careers-tool.html
Either find your Career by searching in your cluster or use a keyword search at the top.
HMS Media Center Resources:
This link will take you to the Media center Homepage. Look for the links to the Infobase eBooks and GVRL. Use your salmon colored sheet to get the passwords.
1) https://forms.act.org/world/explore_world.html First click on the category for your job and see if that job is listed (use a category similar to your career cluster.)
3) http://www.collegegrad.com /careers/(Go to the left-hand side and click on explore careers)
4) http://www.kiwicareers.govt.nz (This site is in New Zealand, but has great info.)
5) http://www.iseek.org/mncareers/ (Click on explore careers, then click on find careers.)
6) http://www.umanitoba.ca/counselling/careers.html (links to other informational websites)
7) http://www.jobshadow.com/complete-list-of-interviews/(a good place to look for first hand acccounts)
Click on the following links for resources to help make your outline:
Career Project Outline Directions
Blank Career Outline
Click on the following link for the Career Journal Assignment